Xfx 6600gt 128 Mb Ddr3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So I'm thinking I'm going to be buy an XFX GeForce 6600GT with 128MB DDR3 memory. What is everyones thoughts? It's only $190, got a better suggestion please share.

get the eVGA model. XFX cards are often DOA, allthough when they do work, they are very good overclockers.

eVGA for quality and step up program reasons,

Leadtek if you don't care about step up because leadtek has the best stock cooler, but if you're not gonna use stock then I guess it doesn't matter

I would say more than 50/50 probally something like 60/40. I am very pleased with my xfx 6800.

What about bfg?

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
but dont evga 6600GT's have slower memory clock sppeds than say...a gigabyte 6600GT?

they do, I'd go for gigabyte and they are like 5 dollars more

ive got a gigabyte and its great. I got the version with the big heatsink and no fan but ive now changed that for a NV silencer and its really dropped my temps. down to 43C. so i think get either evga, gigabyte, msi or BFG and put a NV silencer on and your set.

like nubius said, evga has a step up program that allows u to pay the difference between ur card and a newer model. dont know if other companies do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom