Hard drives & Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayWolf

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

Nobody has to tell you that heat is bad for your computer, if you don't know that already you really need some help.:D My situation is this: I have this stupid case with 3 3 1/2 drive bays, one of which is blocked off because of the mobo power cable connector which is rather large. (one word of advice, if you get a modular psu be prepared for bulky cables) So I am forced to mount my 2 hard drives right next to one another. Hard drives by themselves generate a lot of heat and with both of these right next to one another it's not exactly ideal. How much of a risk do you think I am posing to the hard drives by having them so close together?

Any input or advice is appreciated.

-GrayWolf

Not the ideal set up, but it should be fine.

I seriously doubt that you access your drives often enough to put them in major risk. But mounting a front fan right in front of them may be an idea that you should look into...

well, if u want to spread some heat which u think it might damage your hardisk, u can open 1 side of the casing.

Make a custom case thingy for your hard drive. Maybe drill a square at the top, weld it back on with the hard drive there, so you a thing sticking out.

A more practical way of seperating them is put one of the hard drives in the extrnal 3.5" bays (the ones that you put floppy drives in.)

didi said:
well, if u want to spread some heat which u think it might damage your hardisk, u can open 1 side of the casing.

TERRIBLE IDEA, dust ruin's harddrives and causes data corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom