200G Hard Drive Issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Integrating XP with SP2 into a CD?

I heard that integrating XP with SP2 allows you to go pass the 128G limit. However, how do I integrate XP with SP2?

I tried the way M$ suggests on their web$ite, but that seems to be for network book only. I copied the integrated image onto a CD, but that CD won't boot.

Is there actually a way to integrate XP with SP2 into a CD?

Thanks.

Patrick

when you start installing SP2, it will extract the files to a folder in C:\
copy these files to another directory after they have been extracted, but before actually installing SP2 (because Windows deletes them afterwards)

copy all the files from the XP CD onto your hard drive, and replace the files in the \i386 folder with the ones you copied from SP2, then burn your new XP CD

this is legal as long as you have paid for XP

200GB Hdd

Check this lik from Maxtor:

https://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...lh_adp.php?p_faqid=960&p_sid=sDD5eBEh&p_lva=#

Problem
The full capacity of ATA drives larger than 137GB is not recognized by the operating system.

Solution
Currently, there are three options to remedy the 137 Gigabyte barrier. Failure to implement one of the following installation options will result in data loss when trying to access the hard disk beyond 137 Gigabytes.

Installation Option 1. Upgrade the operating system to either Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 (or newer) or Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (or newer) and download the Maxtor Big Drive Enabler software patch. The Maxtor Big Drive Enabler, once executed, will update the Windows registry for large drive support.

Installation Option 2. Download and install the Intel Application accelerator. The Intel Application Accelerator provides 48-Bit LBA compliant ATA/ATAPI controller drivers (IntelATA.mpd) and replaces the Windows 98/Me, 2000 and XP ATA controller drivers (ESDI_506.PDR). Intel is the only chipset manufacturer that we are aware of that offers a compatible controller driver for Windows .

The Intel Application Accelerator only supports the following chipsets: 810, 810E, 810E2, 810L, 815, 815EP, 815G, 815EG, 815P, 820, 820E, 840, 845, 845E, 845G, 845GE, 845GL, 845GV, 845PE, 850, 850E, 860. The Intel Application Accelerator can be obtained at http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/. If you have an unsupported chipset or do not want to upgrade the operating system then try the next solution.

Installation Option 3: Attach the large hard drive to an add-in Ultra ATA PCI adapter card with a 48-Bit LBA compliant BIOS and controller driver. The adapter card bypasses the system BIOS and operating systemÂ’s controller driver and uses its own BIOS and controller driver.

Using an IDE ATA/ATAPI controller that has a 48-Bit LBA compatible controller driver will allow safe use of large drives beyond the previous limits of 137 GB capacity. Additional controllers that do not have 48-Bit compliant drivers cannot safely access drives larger than 137 GB. A compatible card such as the Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 PCI for Windows and Sonnet Tempo ATA/133 PCI Card for MACs can be purchased at http://www.maxstore.com (U.S. only) or at a local retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom