Water Cooling Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I know I get too impatient, next paycheck IT"S OVER! :p

Still undecided whether to go weaponcore or just buy the 302 heatercore from autozone for $30, it could save me upwards of $30-$50 if I just make my own shroud, but his comes with nice barbs, mounting hardware and of course that great CNC'd shroud. =/ money truly is the root of evil.

The thing I mainly can't wait to see the effect on is the GPU honestly. Although it damn well better give me better CPU temps as well.

MaxxxRacer over at xtremes thinks a TDX is pointless unless you have like a Iwaki Z pump which is like $175 but has 23ft of head.......but yeaaaah, the more I see him post the more I feel like he's just stuck in his own ways and think what's best, because I see the TDX, D4 combo a lot

He thinks with a D4 or 50z then you should get the swiftech MCW2002 instead

yeah my RAM is temporary and im getting XMS memory as soon as i get the money but right now i have no intentions of overclocking my ram since its a small speed difference. anyway, could you guys post some links for the stuff i need? i mean i looked around and well im a complete noob with the water cooling gear.

Dangerden.com has everything you need

You will need a CPU block, pump, T-line or reservoir your choice, tubing, and a radiator.

A guy named "Weapon" at xtremesystems.org makes whats called a heatercore, which is out of a car, it's like a radiator but better lol. It holds two 120mm fans and his are excellent quality.

TDX CPU block
MAZE4 GPU Block
DDC-D4 Pump
Tygon Tubing
Clamps for tubing
T-Line or reservoir ( a T-line is exactly how it sounds, it splits the tube into a T shape and you have part of tubing go straight up, you can then add a 'fill port' available at danger den for easy filling of your water cooling kit. A reservoir will be like generally a box that fits into a bay of your computer and stores the water. T line is a little safer in terms of leaking IMO)

All the above things you can get at dangerden.com

The heatercore you gotta sign up at xtremesystems.org and just PM the guy named "Weapon" and provide your shipping address and he'll give you a total estimate on price for his 302 shroud and heatercore combo.

i have no intentions of overclocking my ram since its a small speed difference
high quality RAM is only worth buying if you plan on overclocking. When overclocked right it's not a small speed difference but rather quite a nice boost in bandwidth.

If you plan on OC'ing your CPU, then you'll be raising your FSB which you might as well get good OC'ing RAM so you can keep your CPU and RAM at a 1:1 ratio for optimal performance

the XMS aren't good ram for ocing either

go to the "memory" section of newegg and type in "samsung tccd" and search for it

you'll want two sticks of any samsung tccd ram (not all of them are good, but i know that the g.skill ones are very good)

You need to explain what you mean when you say Samsung TCCD as you're making it sound like the brand name.

Samsung TCCD refers to the IC's (integrated circuits) which are the actualy black chips on the RAM itself. This particular kind of chip allows the RAM to run at those 2-2-2-5 timings on high performance RAM and overclocks really well. Corsair does have TCCD I believe but another thing that plays into RAMs OCability is the actual circuit board it's printed on. The best out there is Brainpower PCB (printed circuit board)

Which brands like

OCZ Platinum rev 2
G.Skill LA's
PQI Turbos
Patriot XBL

have

Corsair uses JEDEC design I believe

i guess my basic question was if i could hit 4.0 ghz with my proc with one of those.... oh also its a prescott core.
I would say in all likelihood, YES! You would actually have a good chance of getting there on a good air setup.

I have the same chip and got it to 4.1. Keep in mind it was HOT though ;) but that was on stock cooling. I have been thinking about the same as you and was planning on getting the Tower 112 and try to run at around 4.0 as regulary.

I think basically, with any good cooling system, whether water or air, you should be able to hit 4.0, but keep in mind, every system is different.

BTW, do you have "Lock Free" on your ASUS board? It lets you change the multiplier of your chip down to 14. If so, you might want to use it in your OC'ing. With mine I use it and put the fsb to 266, giving me 3.7GHz at 1066 total bus speed. It is kind of a sweat spot for those chips.

MaxxxRacer over at xtremes thinks a TDX is pointless unless you have like a Iwaki Z pump which is like $175 but has 23ft of head.......but yeaaaah, the more I see him post the more I feel like he's just stuck in his own ways and think what's best, because I see the TDX, D4 combo a lot

He thinks with a D4 or 50z then you should get the swiftech MCW2002 instead
I was going to switch to the MCW2002 after he started talking about needing better waterflow, but from every other resource I've read any pump with 10+ feet of head will be perfectly fine for a CPU/GPU circuit so long as you don't have kinks everywhere and unnessecary tubing stretching here and there, so yeeeahhh, TDX all the way, provides better performance anyways.

I'll probably go about the route of adding a second pump eventually and either adding that to my existing circuit, or even better cutting off my GPU onto its own circuit. I've pretty much read that two pumps on the same circuit actually bottleneck themselves as their pumping more water than what is availible.

The thing I mainly can't wait to see the effect on is the GPU honestly. Although it damn well better give me better CPU temps as well.
Oh yeah totally with ya there 100%, GPU is always a pain to cool with air cause my other cards get in the way and there's just never enough airflow without it getting noisy and there's not enough room for a decent cooler.

I've never had a GPU really run below the 60s I don't think so this should be pretty sweet.

Got my TDX and pump today :D

The wrench they provided doesn't fit the screws though and I had to get pliars to get em out =/

Then when I went to put in the screws that the wrench does fit that came with the brass top (which looks SEXAY by the way) the screws were just a TAD too small to go into the copper, THEN, the screws that do fit into the copper are too big for the brass top.......soooo yeah, I'm wondering if it's gonna be a big pain in the butt when/if I get AMD64 and I go to put that brass top on. The whole reason I removed the XP acetal top is to change the nozzle inside from number 1 to 4....I sure hope I don't have to try and attempt to widen the holes through the brass :( not something I'm looking forward to.

Now I just gotta wait 3 weeks to get everything else lol.

Would you have your two pumps going to the same heatercore, or would you buy another small radiator specifically for the GPU gaara?

You could always use Y-splitters where the CPU and GPU line meet into the radiator, then another Y-splitter going out.

Hmmm, I certainly hope that doesn't pose much of a problem, I know a pretty handy guy though who's good with tools and crap like that so he should be able to assist me if those screws get to be a problem, I wanna go into the shop where I'm buying all the components sometime in the next few weeks and get an actual feel for the parts, and get the guys working there feedback on a bunch of stuff.

Would you have your two pumps going to the same heatercore, or would you buy another small radiator specifically for the GPU gaara?
I haven't totally decided yet, I guess it depends how effective the heatercore really is, I'd like to just buy everything at once though so I don't have to fiddle around with everything, recut tubing and such to modify it for the Y splitting.

If money gets to me, I'll just go with the single Weaponcore as I'm pretty sure that'll be fine, if I have a bit of cash left over though I think I'll either just seperate them entirely and have the GPU on its own radiator, OR I'll get one of those massive Weponcores with 4*120mm fans which will work wonders cooling everything, but that'd mean I'd have to cut up the side of my case and a lot of unneccesary stuff like that, so the first choice seems a bit better for me, but I'd love to have that big heatercore doing its charm though. :D

Any idea how much the bigger weaponcore costs by any chance? (still can't access BST forum of XS :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom