How do you ADD 2 HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAznPrid3x

In Runtime
OK I HAVE A MASTER HDD WITH WINDOWS XP AND I JUST GOT A NUTHER ONE BUT WITH WINDOWS 2000 AND I WANT IT TO BE USED FOR ADDING FILES AND OTHER JUNK. I SET IT AS SLAVE AND WIRED IT UP RIGHT BUT WHEN I GO SEE IF BOTH HDD ARE CONNECTED AT SETUP IT WONT DETEC EITHER NONE OR JUST THE MASTER ONE..

BTW MASTER IS ON SECONDARY MASTER
SLAVE IS ON SECONDARY SLAVE

AND IF THAT DOESNT HELP CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME EASY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION AND TO MENTION AGAIN THE SECOND HDD IM ADDING HAS A NONRUNNING WINDOWS 2000 WILL THAT INTERFER WITH ANYTHING

my question is how is the second and first hard drives connected to the mobo, such the IDE cable linked with other stuff like the CD-ROM, or are one of the cables connected to the mobo with nothing else on that particularly cable, that will make a difference if it is..........

such as Secondary master if its on its our cable, for the second hard drive........

well first, what other jumper settings does the hard drive.......
though i'm not the most known on this, have you tried the other settings if there other ones, such as cable select, sometimes, just try things and see what works

quick format the 2000 one, plug it in as a slave, then enjoy ur extra space

THE THING IS I CANT EVEN GET INTO THE HDD DRIVE..WELL IT DOES A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT WEN ITSDONE WITH THE WINDOWS 2000 BOOT UP IT HAS AN ERROR IN BLUE AND WHITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom