Upgrading Win Xp Home SP2 with Win XP Pro SP1a Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Here's a tricky one for you.

I have a client that the have 4 laptops with Windows XP Home Sp2 on them. These notebooks came orginally with XP Home Sp2.

Now i have been given the job of giving these guys a server (Windows Sever 2003) and all the computers will be needing to connect to a domain. (not a workgroup)

Now the of my competators are trying to get rid of all their Windows Xp Pro Sp1a Upgrade at a rather cheap price. Like $200 under my cost for Windows Xp Pro Sp2 Upgrade, and these things are the real deal.

Would it be physically possible for me to use these Windows Xp Pro Sp1a Upgrade Version to install (upgrade installation) on these laptop with Windows Xp Home SP2.

Or will I have some installation issues has I am trying to Upgrade from Windows Xp Home SP2 to Windows Xp Pro SP1a.

With the time frame that I got to do every thing in (Set up server and build 8 other PCs), I do not want to format the hard drives on these 4 laptops.

I would just try it and find out. I don't know about anyone else but I've noticed that Microsoft seems to be kind of picky about installing windows, and upgrading. It doesnÂ’t outwardly look like there would be an issue though.

-GrayWolf

use powermax to wipe your hard drive 1st. Microsuck did something to the boot sector that won't let you load sp1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom