Hi to All and Can you Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neel

Solid State Member
Hi all this is my first post,

I was hoping someone might be able to help

I am reformatting my computer and want to reinstall xp

my posblem is that when the system asks if i want to repair or install a fresh copy of xp, so i try to install a fresh copy, but it says that no hd is dected.

Now i know it has something to do with the ata133 ,cos when i stick it in the non ata ports it detects it.

I cannot install the srivers when it enters setup because it needs it on a floppy and i only have it on a CD

is there anything i can do or am i doing something wrong can you help me please

Many thanks

Neel

does it not let you format, install or both? I would try and use a program like Partition Magic to format if the Windows CD doesn't let you
does it detect the Hard Drive on POST?
have you tried formatting and installing using non ATA133? - you said it detects it with non ATA133

whe i boot up using the win xp cd, it does its start up stuff then it prompts you on weather you want to install a fresh copy or repair the existing,

so whne i hit enter (to install a fresh copy). it says there is no hd.

If i did the same with the HD puged into the other port, it detects the hd ( i have done this in the past but it is becomming a pain in the arse)

is there anyway of over comming this, the hd do noy come up when in the initial post, but when detecting the hd in the raid part it finds it.

I dont know if there is any thing that can be done

Neel

You'll either have to copy your RAID drivers onto a floppy from the CD, or burn a new copy of the XP cd with the RAID drivers integrated. For more information on how to do the latter, you can read this guide and adapt it for your specific hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom