Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 46-50

• 50 or above

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The X800XL is not a good card. For the price. Don't buy it.
Are you kidding me man? The x800XL is the most cost effective 16 pipeline card out there right now, and gives higher core speed GPUs a damn good run for their money. Not to mention it uses a 110nm process versus the more common 130nm process.

You guys are fighting over nothing, I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again:

$200 - 6600GT
$300 - x800Xl
$400 - it really doesn't matter, and anyone who wants to argue about a two framerate edge is probably in the same group of people who think lower latency RAM has an effect on bandwidth.

gaara said:
Are you kidding me man? The x800XL is the most cost effective 16 pipeline card out there right now, and gives higher core speed GPUs a damn good run for their money. Not to mention it uses a 110nm process versus the more common 130nm process.

You guys are fighting over nothing, I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again:

$200 - 6600GT
$300 - x800Xl
$400 - it really doesn't matter, and anyone who wants to argue about a two framerate edge is probably in the same group of people who think lower latency RAM has an effect on bandwidth.

thank you very, VERY much for a realistic analysis.

idiotec said:
For $750 bucks!!!!! That is a tough comparison. Look at this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-196&depa=0
$445. That is over $300 cheaper! You can't even compare the price/performance ratio there.

Ok let me clear this up for the 3rd time for the people who don't understand the question of the poll. I will say it again VVVVV

I SAID IT WAS THE BEST CARD OUT NOW!!!

We are not talking about a price/performance ratio. Just what card is better.

ATI's 850XTPE is the best right now.

I own the X850 XT and i will vouch for it. fantastic card, runs doom 3, half life 2, far cry, splinter cell, UT2004, everything on highest settings and resolution with 8x AA and 16x AF. i scored 75.5 FPS on CS; Source with every setting as high as it could go.

But 2 6800 Ultra's can beat out an x850XTPE easily and have room for OC'ing

Even though an x850XTPE is the best SINGLE card

i dont know how well the x850 xt OCs, i havent tried yet. as for SLI...i got something against it. call it prejudice if u want

two 6600gts in SLI get better scores in 3dmark03 than the x850 lol... .but put that aside.. I got my computer back n running and installed the chaos theory and wow it looks so awesome, and I also installed the HDR bloom effect mod for Hl2 and again Wow! Still doesn't lag at full settings, and this is on a 6600gT

I know the poll is misleading but read the poster's first post. I don't think he intended this to break out into an ATI vs NVIDIA thread. You all need to cool your jets because you can argue all you want but you aren't convincing anybody of anything because we're all stubborn folk as it is.

Please target your reponses towards his post and try to help him with his problem instead of arguing over who is better ATI or NVIDIA.
He wants to know what would be a good card for him to get for $350-400 AUD which converts to around $300 USD and a little less. But his system is AGP so keep that in mind. Not sure if it's 8X AGP or 4X, would have to checkon the mobo.

Now I stated that a 6600 gt might be a good idea but overall that system will still bottleneck it and it is probably not a good idea to upgrade the video card at all.

Let's take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom