too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do something about it...? like what? lolz my pc sounds like concorde with the 7 fans u suggestin water coolin or sumamt lol

anyway, i dunno what to do. maybe ity aint worth the trouble for the extra 400mhz. I got the chip at a friends store as a present and id hate to take it back and seem ungrateful, maybe id be better buying one properly next time, oh and the chip was boxed and new, so i doubt it cud have been tampered.

oh dear me.

oh and btw is a 2.8gig, 512 ddr and geforce4 128mb card outdated by any chance? I know the gfx isnt really cimplementary but im not bothered on that scale, but is my 380w psu, new case, (i gettin another soon tho) geforce4 sblive, wireless card and that mobo any good? i know u all guys have like 2 gig ram by standard but being a student money iant my thing, so i wanna look after what i got best i can.

Oh yeah and i also got a 160gb hd too, and dvd rewriter (lg, supports all regions and dsics, dvdram included)

do something about it...? like what? lolz my pc sounds like concorde with the 7 fans u suggestin water coolin or sumamt lol
\/
Take of the HSF from the CPU, clean the surface of the chip and the HS. Apply AS5 and put the HS back on and check it again.
I would bet your heat sink is not seated with your CPU correctly.

Im pretty positive the muti's are locked on P4's. So in that case, if its really at 12. Then you may not have a 2.8ghz processor. Oh and idiotec, very smart you cought that.

But first, has your computer ever shut down? Because mobo's will automatically shut down at such a temp. I suggest doing this. Go to your Bios, and check your temp's. Find what shutdown temp you have. If your temps are exceeding this limit, then your mobo is screwed up. Did you apply any thermal paste to your processor?

well i gave it a shot, the pc has been doing long hours, about 9 hour runs so i was expecting quite a bit of ehat but when its got to the point ive received slight burns off it its gone far enough.

Maybe 9 hours is too long for these? my friends run them as servers like 22hours out of every 24 without problems, but i gues s 9 might just be too much for my specific system.

What cooling solutions do you all use? any devices to route airflow exactly to where you want it? anything whatsoever is appreciated.
Ill check heatsink when its cooled down enough for me to hold it.

Hey, I just though of something ;)
Is the 90C temp the temp you get while running at 2.4 or 2.5GHz (what one was it you said you got it to again?)?

Now stay with me here ;) what if it is a 1.6Ghz chip? That would mean you have it OC'd like crazy! :D Maybe that's why the temps are so high. Does it run at those temps when it is at 1.6GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom