saved on far cry, then acting up, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you should strongly consier it if you're going to go itno hard core gaming. But the thing should be able to handle cooling on it's own... Calling the company is a good idea.

thx, I will call them in the morning and post back here once I figure something out.

spoke with evga today.

they said the card sounded defective and to try another card in my computer.

I put in my old video card everything is completely normal with it.

So I guess that isolates the problem as my new video card.

They said either try having newegg replace it or if they won't then evga will.

I'm going to send this one back to newegg.com later today.

Newegg says it will replace it with the exact same thing brand new unless it has been over 90 days.

So I guess they will be sending me a new one, probably will end up taking 2 weeks to complete the whole thing, in the meantime I'm going to buy PCI slot cooler and an extra fan or two to try and minimize heat.

Thanks for any replies guys.

It sounds like a gpu overheating.. My 9800Extreme did that cause the fan burnt out. Reformatting isn't always the answer

BTW, for reference when you get your new card. You CAN most definately check tempuratures on a 6600GT. Do this, download Rivatuner (you can check temps without it but its nice). Start up Rivatuner before you start a game. Click on monitoring. You will see your core clock tempurature along with clock speed and memory speed. Rivatuner will create a graph of temps. So run your game with it running. Play for a while to get it nice and hot (I know, this is the hard part :p ). Now exit your game and check Rivatuner. You can slide along the graph and see your temps as they were during the game. This will give you your load temps and is nice to know.

Those cards run hot normally. Post your temps back here when done and you can get an idea whether yours is running normal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom