multimeter and psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
No you need a seperate device, I have one, it however only measures AC useage and not DC voltage, so you need to equate your PSU's power efficency rating into the factor to see how much your PC is using

If you have a good brand tester it will be able to do both AC and DC.

Well let me ask my friend about that, because he just told me to check out this program available at pimprig where it'll tell you the wattage you're using. it doesn't tell you on the fly, but has a built in calculator and is really up to date unlike most of the wattage calculators out there today.

And - yeah I suppose you could simply measure the amps and then multiply that by the 12 and 5 voltages and bam you got your wattage, BUT that won't tell you the +3.3v or negative voltages so at best it'd be a rough estimate

Nubius said:
yeah but if he's wanting to know watts that's something entirely different

Watts is easy to find out if you know amps, since WATTS = AMPS * VOLTS

Volts on anything are too easy to find...

Watts is easy to find out if you know amps, since WATTS = AMPS * VOLTS
Yeah but I was meaning if he wants to know what watts of his system while it's running which you'd need a whole different measuring device to obtain that

AND - I sent my friend a PM, I'll probably just wind up PM'ing you with the place to get it since this thread may be pushed down or something. Give me a day or so until he contacts

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I would also like to know how much wattage is being consumed from my PSU. What was the program Nubius?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom