strange error when installing deltaforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
first of all i have a pentium laptop with windows xp home edition with service pack 2
pentium(4) cpu 3.00ghz and 448 mb of ram

when i try to intall deltaforce 1 i get the error

16 bit windows subsystem
c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt.the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows aplications.choose close to terminate the application

any help much apreciated thanks in advane mlr

k we got another file tried eplacing it and it wont let us it just sends us to cknow.com any other sugestions please

yes we tried that new age outlaw but to no avail for some strange reason it wont let us paste the file it just takes us to a place called c know.com argh
ive tried numarous ways on net and nothin looks like they need to reformat,

yip it also seems the c:\windows\repair file is missing when i goto run and type %windir%/repair it says it cant find the file i got a freind to send me his autoexec.nt file but like i said it wont go in

Try viewing all files first by going to tools, then options. Under the view category, make sure view hidden files is selected, although it should no t be hidden. %windir% represents either the folder titled "windows" or "winnt".
The correct path to the file should be c:\windows\repair or c:\winnt\repair. Either way, you have to have that autoexec.nt file in the os.
You may have to give it a shot in safe mode, although again, I don't see why you should have to. But try that and see if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom