MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALLRIGHT, IM GONNA END THIS DISPUTE.

I went to a place that had a row of Macs. I started off with the first one, (there all pretty decent specs also)

I turned it on and opened IE. typed in http://www.hotmail.com hit enter

OH IT CRASHED - no other programs loaded.

So i went to the second one. this one couldnt even load the home page. BAM CRASH.

Third - POOP
forth - ALSO SHITTERED.

I said F it, jumped on a P1 166 and checked my emails.

Thats is a true story!!!! Now imagine your me, would that not put you off Macs?

Well, i decided to give it another try. My boss bought a horribly over priced iMac. I started playing with it. And I know what you mean about multi tasking. well...it doesnt.

To be quite honest, I have little ambition to use mac. Everyone complains about the obscene price of windows XP, well i took a look, and Mac OSX Panther (or whatever junge creature it is) will run me over 200 bux inc taxes...not to mention the unfunny prices of hardware for macs...

so...i sit here and type and it occurs to me...

Screw it.

I want Linux!!!

yeah, for some reason you cant go to hotmail.com on a mac, i have never been able to access it

Keep in mind that the New Mac OS is based on a Unix kernal. So why not just go with Linux? The new 2.6 Kernal is fast as hell.

I'm sick of Windows. I'm sick of overpriced OS's that are bloated. I'm sick of fixing my friends computers that broke because they can't understand the greek error messeges that windows gives them. I want freedom. Linux gives me that. They don't hide anything. it's all right there. You can still have the fancy looking desktop, but you can go deeper then that.

Linux isn't for the lazy. But if you want your system your way and don't want M$ telling you that you can't d/l mp3's then it's for you. Just remember that you have to invest time into learning anything new. People wern't born knowing how to play with windows. Linux is the same way.

Mac OS X Panther costs $119.95, that's less than WinXP Pro if i'm correct.

And I can access Hotmail.com anyday, anytime. So saying that it doesn't work, is a load of lies.

And did the macs crash, or did IE just freeze? There is a difference you know.

And how STUPID was it to use a Microsoft app when testing out a Mac???!!!!

lol

all great points. That's like testing Linux by running IE through Wine. Not it's strong points.

Well, looks like this thread jumped back to live. Time to get cracking.

case and point here ->mac viruses

That site is from 1999, 2 years before Mac OSX hit store shelves. There is only one mac virus for OSX I can think of and it was squashed a long time ago. The OS version theyre talking about there is most likely either OS9 or even OS8, which are so different from OSX that OSX cannot even run their programs natively.

I went to a place that had a row of Macs. I started off with the first one, (there all pretty decent specs also)

So i went to the second one. this one couldnt even load the home page. BAM CRASH.

Third - POOP
forth - ALSO SHITTERED.

Well, i decided to give it another try. My boss bought a horribly over priced iMac. I started playing with it. And I know what you mean about multi tasking. well...it doesnt.

To be quite honest, I have little ambition to use mac. Everyone complains about the obscene price of windows XP, well i took a look, and Mac OSX Panther (or whatever junge creature it is) will run me over 200 bux inc taxes...not to mention the unfunny prices of hardware for macs...

Screw it.

I want Linux!!!

Alrighty. Lets see.

Hotmail loads perfectly on my Mac running 10.3.0 through SAFARI (see image at the bottom for confirmation) Only a n00b would ever consider using IE on a mac. Thats like using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 1.1 slot- It will work, but not as well at it could.
----------
Panther: 129$- CompUSA.com
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=308218

XP pro: 299$- CompUSA.com
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=285740&pfp=SEARCH

man, you were SO off on that one. Also, looks like you didnt end much, as you werent able to really do anything at all besides make one worthless post.
-----------
If you want Linux, why not use it? Unless, of course, you don't know how to.

ADZ said:
No you're not, don't even try :D

Seriously though, nobody will end this dispute. Ever. And they shouldn't. It's good that people have a choice of what to use, and each choice has it's own advantages and disadvantages. It's the same with Intel vs. AMD, Xbox vs. PS2, or Ketel One vs. Absolut. OK bad example, everyone knows Ketel One is far better ;)

But please, don't turn this thread into a flamewar! Instead of saying "Mac sucks because..." try saying "I like my PC because..." or this thread will just end up closed :p

don't say there are no viruses for OS X?
i think this will answer that: http://www.randommaccess.com/news/1066944553.shtml

and I know the Mac's are based on unix, but you will find that making a virus for Unix will not work on Mac's OS X because it has DIFFERENT core files - I'm happy to admit that it is possible to create a virus but i'm pointing out that on a difficulty factor it would be 9.9 out of 10

I am in school, and I'm saying that the Windows machine would not run a Mac program,and here's something you should know: a Mac computer CAN run a Windows program, all you need is an emulator (Windows doesn't have one for Mac software) so whose the retard? it's not me because i research things unlike you, and that's what they teach you in school or maybe YOU didn't go!

mac_mogul did not say mac's have more software, but i dare say it is possible to own more software. go into a Mac shop and look how bare it is.... i think you'll find that it isn't bare at all, we all see that you only used a comparision.
you can have as many pieces of software as you want on your computer, i think he's saying if you have all that software your computer will be really slow and crash often, or that people just don't need or bother with getting all the software.

ADZ said:

Third - POOP
forth - ALSO SHITTERED.

Screw it.

I want Linux!!!

do you have any proof at all that they did crash?
back things up before you post them because any idiot could've made up a story like that
for example:
"I looked at a Windows machine and it crashed!!"
- see what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom