Headphones - one last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 150 is USB?
USB decodes their own audio meaning they don't utilize a sound card. This is good if you don't have one but bad if you have a good one.

The zalman's are ok with stereo sound because I didn't notice an option in my creative controls for a long time that takes stereo music and plays it across all the speakers for surround sound. It sounds a lot more full and loud that way, and I can feel the bass a lot more. Bass on headphones, lol. Not sure how the zalman's playing stereo in-game would do. Probably about what a normal headset would do.

I've actually tried the zalman's on 8-channel realtek onboard sound before and everything sounds like crap. Personally I would use nothing less than an audigy 2 zs on any type of surround sound.

If you don't get an audigy 2 zs, then stereo is probably a better option.

Won't be able to locate enemies as well though.

The PC-150 isn't USB. At least mine isn't. I would never buy crap like a USB heaphone, unless I don't have a soundcard.

diabloII said:
yea

i went to some forum and signed up and there were these ppl telling me the zalman sucked tho

meh i guess they're just a bunch of audiophiles that want the best sound

That's me :D even though I have no real opinion on the zalmans. However that kind of weight does get tiring after an hour

That's why with my money, I should have picked up senniser HD-25's (Not SP version) instead of the sony mdr v700's :(

Just remeber the weight, I hate not being able to game with my headphones.

You must have a weak head. I never even notice the weight. I wear the xbox live headset and then wear the zalman and I don't feel the difference.

Bu seriously you have trouble with 11 ounces? That' way under a pound for cripe's sake. Haven't you ever worn a hat in the winter?>

The Zalmans are the most comfortable full-sized headphones I've ever worn. I've a got a good-sized noggin, but I really don't think anyone would have trouble wearing these due to their weight or the tightness of the ear... um... "cups". I have used headphones that pinch/heat my ears (and as mentioned in the other thread, I wear glasses), but not these. In fact, were it not for the cord, I might forget I was wearing them at all.

I agree, the earpieces are huge and there is plenty of room for your ear. My ears never feels any pain at all. And they are nice and cushiony too so there is no pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom