Email Bounce Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Age Outlaw

Baseband Member
I'm getting a weird error with my OE. I send to one particular person and i get the following error sent back to me ...

Delivery attempt history for your mail:

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:03:41 -0600 (MDT)
TCP active open: Failed connect() Error: Connection timed out

I know my Email works, as I can send out to anyone else with no issue. So, it comes down to this one user. All the info I have found on google suggests a block on her end, but she never receives them in the first place (hotmail).
So thinking it may be an issue with hotmail, I went and setup a quick account to test that theory, and the Email message was received, so again, it points to her account.
So since I can send through hotmail servers fine, and knowing my Email program is working as well, what could cause this block to occur? Since the Email has not come through to her, it's not lke it has been classed as spam and blocked.
That error message lists about 30 attempts by my Email server to send it at 30 minute intervals, all timing out. No other error codes are brought up, just the timeouts at the time intervals the host server tries to send it.
TIA :D

You could be on her blocked list already though. It's also possible that she is using explicit email settings, which won't recieve anything you don't have a record for in your address book.

have you contacted her yet?

Yeah, I walked her through the settings to ensure I wasn't blocked. All settings are for default, which should allow me to send via my ISP mail servers. I can send to her via hotmail, or yahoo no problems. I just prefer not to use those. I just can't figure out why my personal Email address won't send.
On an alternate note, I can send her an Email from my ISP under a different profile name, but that is the master account which I only use for billing and such, I prefer to keep it non personal.
So I know it's an issue with my personal Email address and her hotmail. Which, according to her settings, should work fine.
It's got me stumped to say the least.

does she have anything blocked? That just doesn't make sense. Seems that there is something missing. Might want to start over again and go over everything. Make a checklist this time though, as it will help you with making sure...

I agree, I know it is something on her end for sure, as she is a little on the "challenged" side when it comes to pc's. Short of me getting her to give me her password so I can login and check myself, there isn't much I can do but accept her word when it comes to what I'm asking her to view in the settings.
I may as well resign myself to either using a third party Email service, or creating a new sub on my ISP just for her. Either which way, I think I'm over this issue, thanks for the replies though. :confused:

Somehow, she's got you blocked, when you get the email back, check the header. Do you know how?

Yes, I know how, the header tells me nothing pertinent. As I said above, I have relegated myself to the fact that she is not able to work with those settings correctly. So I am just going to use a third party Email, or make a new sub. Either which way, I refuse to stress on an issue that apparently cannot be resolved due to end user error lol. ;)

It's not relevant, there's nothing in there you can tell me that I already don't know, but if you insist.

Return-path: <>
Received: from xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xx
(xxxxxx-xxx.xxx.xxxx.xx [xx.x.xxx.xxx]) by l-daemon
(iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.18 (built Jul 28 2003))
with ESMTP id <xxxxxxx@l-daemon> for xxxx@xxx.xx; Sun,
17 Apr 2005 00:31:34 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from xxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xx ([255.255.255.255])
by xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xx (Sun ONE Messaging Server 6.0 HotFix 1.01 (built Mar
15 2004)) with ESMTP id <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xx> for
xxxxx@xxxx.xx (ORCPT xxxxx@xxxx.xx); Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:31:34 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xx
(xxxxxxx-xxx.xx.xxxxxxxx.xxx [255.255.255.255])
by l-daemon (Sun ONE Messaging Server 6.0 HotFix 1.01 (built Mar 15 2004))
with ESMTP id <xxxxxxxxxxxx@l-daemon> for xxxxx@xxxx.xx; Sun,
17 Apr 2005 00:31:31 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from process-daemon.l-daemon by l-daemon
(Sun ONE Messaging Server 6.0 HotFix 1.01 (built Mar 15 2004))
id <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@l-daemon> for xxxxx@xxxx.xx; Sun,
17 Apr 2005 00:31:28 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from l-daemon
(Sun ONE Messaging Server 6.0 HotFix 1.01 (built Mar 15 2004))
id <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@l-daemon>; Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:31:28 -0600 (MDT)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:31:28 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Delivery Notification: Delivery has timed out and failed
To: xxxxx@xxxx.xx
Message-id: <xxxxxxxxxxxx@l-daemon>
MIME-version: 1.0
Content-type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;
boundary="Boundary_(ID_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/x)"
Original-recipient: xxxxxx;xxxxx@xxxx.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom