• 46-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 or above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
I was very happy when I bought splinter cell and I say "caching shader model 3 models"

Anyone know a way for me to try using the game without shader model 3?

Why would you want to? I've seen comparison screenshots and it looks like sh*t without SM3.

And thats the best these $600 X850XT P.E.s can do!

Shame on you ATI!

Because I want to see what would happen if I went the ATI route.

But if I went the ATI route, I would have gone 9800 Pro, and do they even have shader model 2.1?

Game manufacturers are skipping over 2.0 and 2.0++ and moving straight from 1.1 to 3.0. This is happening as a tactic of Nvidia to require that people purchase Nvidia cards if they want DX9 effects. On ATI cards, games will be limited to DX7 or DX8.1, which is sad.

beedubya if anyone is a fanboy, it's you

btw synphanx nvidia is spelled with two I's see? :p

X800 XL is your best bet for pci-e

6600 gt is your best bet for AGP

although it seems you have AGP

if that money converts about to there

edit: all these arguements are pointless. A new video card is barely going to help that system. Save up some money and wait until you can upgrade the entire computer. A 6600gt will help perhaps but your system will still bottleneck it like crazy. Not even sure if your mobo supports AGP 8X.

the nvidia fanboys in here should have noticed this but were too busy being nvidia fanboys, oh well

I mean cmon, a 6800 gt on that system? Let's get real here fellas. Don't recommend high powered nvidia cards for a system like that? And pixel shader 3 on that thing? HAHA, I laugh at that prospect. He'll be lucky if he can generate any kind of shadows at a half-way decent fps.

Look at his system moron. Sheesh. You can put all the PS3 and hi-res reflections on there that you want and you will get 2 fps. You should pay attention instead of just pushing nvidia because you love them so much.

Dun wanna sound like a fanboy, but just how important is PS 3.0? Ull get image quality so high it makes real life look fake. At the same time, ATI cards dont suck by any means. ATI has a different philosophy than nvidia. which one is right is open to opinion. the ration fo nvidia vs ati users is split right down the center.

Yea the 9800 series is crap now. Don't buy one of them. I would go anywhere between the 6600GT and the 6800GT. The X800XL is not a good card. For the price. Don't buy it.

People this has turned into ATI vs NVIDIA. Read what I wrote on bottom of page 1. Look at his computer!!! You don't want to go sticking in x850's and 6800's in that computer! It will be bottlenecked!
PS3 won't do crap, a 6800 gt will bottleneck, and x850 or x800 will bottleneck, basically the 6600 gt is the best idea but even then it might be limited. I think a new video card for that system is a bad idea as it's true potential won't be recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom