serial number on a 6800 ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
hi, is there anyway to find out the serial number on a 6800 ultra withotu the box and the sticker on the card..

if not also, something is wrong with this card it seems and I added arctic silver 5 to the memory chips.. if I got a replacement card and swapped the memory heatsinks.. putting hte nasty thermal pads back on the old card.. also swapped boxes and serial stickers.. think I could send back for a refund? I really don't want to be royally screwed here..

crap (#@&$@#$+

hi, is there anyway to find out the serial number on a 6800 ultra withotu the box and the sticker on the card..
Not that I know of because I wondered the same thing for the step up program. Seems those are your only two options.

I hope you didn't put on too much arctic silver because it will short your components out.

For a refund you need everything as it came to you

if I shorted something, I think I might have to cry.. omfg.. if I put everything as it came.. will they even be able to tell I voided warranty or short anything for that matter

figure if we can't tell the serial number without those papers.. neither can they heh

not sure, card didn't seem to be workign right from the beginning.. freezing in games etc so I figured it was cooling.. was reading a lot of posts about, flashing the bios, setting 2d/3d clock rates evenly, and some people used as5 on the mem and it fixed issues.. sigh, took out the other card and just put this one in.. in the beginning the fan makes weird hiccupping noises and the monitor won't come on... the light and fan on the card and everything is working though.. Now I feel like such an idiot for being lazy and not returning it right away.. guess my pocket might end up paying for the stupidity, poo.

figure if we can't tell the serial number without those papers.. neither can they heh
Yeah the difference is they built the card so I'm sure they have ways, not only that, you can only put in for RMA if you have those numbers I believe.

Don't know what to tell ya

nah I have the numbers, think i'm goign to order a new card.. place bakc those thermal pads on the old card and I guess try and get a new one.. and resell it or something =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom