Disappearing partitions with PM8

Status
Not open for further replies.

provoko

Baseband Member
I had 4 partitions in total c, e, f, g on an 80 gig harddrive. C and E were ntfs, f and g were fat32. I merged c and e only, got this strange message that asked me to put in a disk in drive A. There is no disk or explanation to why, so I restarted, and when I came back into windows xp, ALL 3 of my partitions were gone, e, f, and g.

Doesn't make sense. All partition magic 8 said was "there was an error," thats it, "merging partitions complete."

Now all PM8 says that there is unallocated space where my 3 parts were, can't undelete, can't reverse. Don't know what to do. Any help? Thanks.

Um, so is your main partition 80 gs now? If it is, you can't get your old partitions back. If it's not, I believe you're able to rename, under same circumstances, the partitions that screwed up.

It's not, C is still the same size, the other 3 are just gone in unallocated space.

I ran this other program called Partition Table Doctor, and it found the 3 that are missing, E, F, and G, but they want me to pay for the program to use it.....

It's some kind of fixboot or rebuild/restore partition table crap. How come partition magic 8 can't find it and this part table doctor can?

provoko said:
It's not, C is still the same size, the other 3 are just gone in unallocated space.

I ran this other program called Partition Table Doctor, and it found the 3 that are missing, E, F, and G, but they want me to pay for the program to use it.....

It's some kind of fixboot or rebuild/restore partition table crap. How come partition magic 8 can't find it and this part table doctor can?
check your pm

So I found a free version of Partition Table Doctor, it's for dos So I found a free version of Partition Table Doctor, it's for dos only, but it had all the options. I used this option called fixboot which brought back all the partitions except for E.

E drive showed up, but I couldn't access it. It's table (i'm guessing) was still corrupted. So I did this option called rebuild partition table, and I was able to access it, but windows diskscanned it and deleted all the files on E drive! Said they were corrupted and what not.

What should I have done with a corrupted drive so that I can retrieve information from it. I guess it's too late now, but what should I have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom