Building a new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku2100

Baseband Member
I'm helping a friend build a new gaming system for about $800 and have selected a list of parts from newegg.com but I'm wondering if the system I chose is out of proportion or not.

Here is the list:
Antec Black ATX Mini Tower PC Case with 350W Power Supply, Model "SLK1650B" - Retail

NEC Black 16X DVD+/-R DVD Burner support Dual Layer, Model ND-3520A BK, OEM

OCZ Value Series 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200, Model OCZ400512WV3 -Retail (Two sticks)

MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - Retail

Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 XL Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/VIVO, AGP 8X, Model "100115SR" -Retail

The reason why there is no HDD included is because we plan to take the HDD from his mac and install it into this system.

Well if you can stick a maxtor HDD you bought from frys into a mac, I'm sure a mac HDD should as well work in a PC... (Full wipe of course)

looks good, that graphics card isnt too good. lots of people with AXP's have 6800U's THATs too good.

If you have some money to spare when you added up the costs of that system, you might want to consider on a better power supply because the ones that comes with cases arent too good try stick to thermaltake and antec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom