Ppu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm warry of adding another replaceable part in a computer... the way I figure it, if you need a new PPU or GPU, you'll probably need both new.

If they arnt expensive (exceeding $125), I'd go for a seperate PPU though.

The way i see it if its something that thats important is going to be rather big. Especially when it first comes. Out so seeing as some of the newer cards like the 6800 GT and Ultra are monsters now adding something like that is going to make them a whole lot bigger. So im guessing its going to be built into new mobos.

I'm assuming that these PPU cards will be released in PCI as well as PCI Express. I can see it now. Heatsinks and Fans for a PPU, Overclocking a PPU all that kinda stuff. PPU's with 256MB of DDR3.

By the way, I just read that Epic is using these new PPU chips while developing the new Unreal Engine 3. Great, i'll have to buy another piece of hardware...

Technology is getting to the point where we are running out of run in cases to put this stuff. Next thing you know we will be build PC's kinda like LEGOS. Just a bunch of building blocks, that all plug into each other with some type of new "PCI Express" Module. It's just getting outta control.

SLI, DUAL CORE CPU'S, PPU CARDS... WHAT'S NEXT?

PPU will be just like a GPU, running on its own seperate card and board from a PCI-E and PCI slot.

It is not being developed by ATi nor nVidia, a company called Ageia is spearheading this technology. No doubt another rival company will step in though...

1.jpg

If you look closely, it appears to be able to support both PCI and PCI-E, very innovative if I do say so myself.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I'm assuming that these PPU cards will be released in PCI as well as PCI Express. I can see it now. Heatsinks and Fans for a PPU, Overclocking a PPU all that kinda stuff. PPU's with 256MB of DDR3.

By the way, I just read that Epic is using these new PPU chips while developing the new Unreal Engine 3. Great, i'll have to buy another piece of hardware...

Technology is getting to the point where we are running out of run in cases to put this stuff. Next thing you know we will be build PC's kinda like LEGOS. Just a bunch of building blocks, that all plug into each other with some type of new "PCI Express" Module. It's just getting outta control.

SLI, DUAL CORE CPU'S, PPU CARDS... WHAT'S NEXT?

A card that realeses a scent or a texture to the screen, or something that tastes, or something like that. Though it's a baseless guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom