Computer SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi, I run on a DSL connection with a router hooked up to me and my brothers computer. Recently I've been experiencing some real inconsistent speed on my computer. So say I play on counter-strike and my ping should be around at 20-30 but on some days on the same exact server it would jump to 200-300. That itself was already a nuisance but just this night really crossed the line. I've been doing fine, no laggy experience until just a few hours ago. I nor my brother are downloading anything infact my brother is on standby and isn't even on his computer and I can HARDLY surf the net itself. Loading a web page which would normally take a few seconds takes up to 10-20 seconds to fully load. My router and my modem is lighting faster then an electronic disco ball which obviously means something is wrong but I don't know what. I've run ALL the virus/trojan programs I have and they all had 0 results of threats. I'm pretty clueless here so I ask for some serious help.

Everybody underestimates the power of the CABLE!!!!!!!
check the cable, make sure it works. Try putting a new one in.

emeraldice said:
Everybody underestimates the power of the CABLE!!!!!!!
check the cable, make sure it works. Try putting a new one in.

It's rarely the problem, unless people are walking over it

Sounds like an ISP problem to me :(

It could be spyware. Run spyware programs but don't just run one. Get Ad Aware, Spysweeper and Spybot. Clear your cache and cookies. Did you try detecting using other virus programs as well? Check your firewall settings or reset your modem. It could be the ISP like others said also.

When your router and modem is flashing is it your traffic??? Maybe someone is stealing your signal if you have wireless.

Good luck.

I've done all the virus checks that I have including SpyBot, SpySweeper, CCleaner, etc. all without any problems. My modem and router continue to flash like crazy, not sure if this'll help but on the modem only "atm" and "enet" flash while on the router almost every single one flashes.

So I'm not completely sure what you guys mean by checking my ISP...

What do I ask I mean this is the first time this has ever happened to me. Is this a common problem for internet users?

When the internet slows down... YES, When our schools T1 connection slows down its because the servers up in lexington are being overloaded with request from multiple schools, so maybe your local server is being overloaded....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom