Built new PC: Doesn't post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

Baseband Member
Ok guys here's the thing. I built a new pc for my aunt, budget pc have you, used the abit va-20 mobo which I've used many times (including the va-10 prior to the va-20's release.) Im using the 2400+ sempron (if that matters.)

Basically here's the thing... At first boot it booted fine. Installed her new Windows XP Home, installed SP2, ran her updates. Installed everything there could to be installed that she needed. (Just the x-aware's/x-antivirus) I left the computer to run all night. I get a call from my brother at about 10 saying he thinks it went to hibernate or standby, so i tell him to hit the power button because the screen was black and the monitor light was no longer gree, it was yellow. So he hit it one time, nothing. Moved the mouse, hit the keyboard etc. So he held down the power for 5 seconds like always.

And now I hit the power button, all fans spin (so its not the PSU,) but nothing prompts. The monitor light never turns green, just stays the yellow. I just don't get it unless the mobo just died out of nowhere? pfft. I dunno any reasoning behind this? It didn't storm and it was on a surge protector, 1250 joules protection. I'm speachless. What a week :/

well start from the begining.

take everything off the board except the cpu and see if you can get any kind of post. if not you might have a dead board.

your not getting kind of beep at all?

Thats exactly my problem except i never got anything to work at all.

I took out everything even the video card all i had in was the cpu none of the fans were plugged in and tried to power it up and nothing happened.

Dead board. Thanks a lot TigerDirect.

Hey guys I got the problem fixed. I replaced the cmos battery and bam back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom