PC boots up but once it's past bios it starts to load (MBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp4rx

Beta member
ASUS P5GD1
3.0 GHz, 800MHz FSB
ASUS X600XT 128MB
512MB Dual-Channel
Maxtor 40GB
350 Watt PSU
CD-RW writer
DVD-RW writer

Okay those are my specs just incase you decide you need them.

right now my bios is all set to default, as it should be before this problem occurred. Right now I have my HD in IDE (device 0). When i begin to start up, I pass the bios and just before windows starts to load i get this (Initializing MBA Ctrl+Alt+B to configure....... )
Then after that passes if you don't use the command it then changes and another message comes (Managed PC Boot Agent v4.30)
and underneath it is (Pre-Boot eXecution Environment v2.20 (PXE). I have all the jumpers and pc hardware connected properly and the bios recognizes the HD as master and the bios is also set to IDE not raid and these are the defaults so i know the problem isn't there. Its the HD but everything was working fine until i tried to put in another HD in raid and kept my other one in IDE with my cd-rom. Then after i installed the HD it booted up fine the first time, but then it asked me to restart because new hardware was detected. So i restarted my computer. Upon restart the problem occurred from there, and now i have no idea how to fix it. I feel as if I've tried everything to my knowledge to fix it. Also I've been thinking its fried but how could that be if it gets recgonized and the HD processing light still flashes upon loadings. If someone could help that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom