Laptop Graphics: ATI Mobility 9700 128mb VS ATI Xpress 200m 128mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ace

Beta member
Hey, I'm new in these forums and I just wanted to know if any one has any idea which video card is better from a performance point-of-view for a laptop.

*ATI Mobility 9700 128mb -- VS-- ATI Xpress 200m 128mb*

I have recently been looking for a good value gaming laptop and I have found a couple of systems that have these graphics cards. The 9700 has a great reputation from its desktop predecessor, but I have also heard some good things from this newly released 200m. If any one has any information on the 200m and which one is better, let me know! Thanks.

X600=9700pro
X300=X200
X200 with a faster clock =9600
X300<X600
9600<9700<9700pro

you decide

I have dell XPS with the ATI mobility radeon 9700 (the rest is in my sig) and I have no big problems with it but you can't run all games on the highest settings but it gets the job done but I never used a 200m so I can't say if it is better or worse.

Hmm... lets see if this helps clear up some stuff...

I am deciding from two laptops at the moment. Both cost roughly the same. Here they are:

This one has the 9700:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=177&item=5186008771&rd=1

and

This one has the 200m
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11043687&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=0

Which laptop do you think is better overall based on the specs? Remember, I am looking for a low-cost gaming laptop that will support most games without any problem on normal to high settings.

you probably would be lucky for anything in your price range to support low to middle settings

ur gonna have to drop at least $2-2.5k for a "gaming" laptop

diabloII said:
you probably would be lucky for anything in your price range to support low to middle settings

ur gonna have to drop at least $2-2.5k for a "gaming" laptop

Yeah I know. I am a little low on the budget size, but I am pretty sure I can find a decent laptop that can support most games on normal settings. I am not really looking for a hardcore gaming machine that will drain the battery in less than an hour. I am looking for something I can take on a plane trip or something to keep myself occupied during breaks in school. Besides I got the gaming aspect covered with my Athlon FX55 w/ an ATI x800 desktop (blew my car money on it)!:)

So really I am not really looking for a "gaming" laptop, but rather a "on-the-go entertainment" laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom