video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymem

Solid State Member
i have a dell demension desktop 3000. and i've heard that the video cards are the reason for not being able to play games. would a new nvida video card fix the problem.?

thanks

it would, but because you have bought a dell im 99% sure your graphics chip will be on your motherboard, therefore u cant just unplug it and put a better on it. instead ul have to stick with a pci graphics card. I think the highest ones of these there is is a fx5200 or radeon 9200. both cards are not meant for gamin by any means.

That is one of the main reasons most people on here hate dell computers.

sorry cant be more help mate

get a new computer..de11sucks ass period

you probably don't have enough ram, and your psu probably can't even handle a new gfx card

diabloII said:
get a new computer..de11sucks ass period

you probably don't have enough ram, and your psu probably can't even handle a new gfx card

#1: Your PSU cant handle it most likely.

#2: You expect to replace your PSU, put a non dell PSU in and it will fry your PC.

#3: You want a new mobo and PSU? Too bad a new mobo wont fit your case.

#4: Warranty? Gone as soon as you open your case up.

Theirs a chance you can put a graphics card in, an older lower power like a 9200 or something, but their not very powerful at all.

Here's a link to the PCI cards available on NewEgg:
http://tinyurl.com/86gw2

Even if you can only use a PCI graphics card, it will be better than nothing. Make the best with what you've got... unless you want to spring for a new system. In that case, there's about 300 people on here who can give you advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom