ram test

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
what's a good program that checks ram for errors. I get this "memory cannot be read" error sometimes and i want to check if its the ram i bought. Freeware is always the best.

that seems a little counfusing for me... maybe a program with a button that says test and i just haev to press the button.

Could you tell us the name of the program your running when you get this error? Because some programs cause that error every now and then and its not bad memory.

doesnt matter.. the installation doesnt work anyway. And im playing HL2 and sometimes this happends.

you can't load a program onto a disk and load it up and set boot priority to FDD and jus load it?

lol...a program that all you have to do is press "test" that's dumb

He wants something that installs in windows and he can open up and push a button that says "run". I don't think he understands that it installs onto a floppy disk.

memtest is the best solution since it's testing the RAM before it has a chance to get into windows. This ensure that the memtest program can test every bank of memory and address that's in there.

Like diablo said, throw it on a floppy or CD dude and make your boot priority the floppy or CD and you're set

The reason i asked about what program hes running is because the Battle.net/Blizzard games cause them errors a lot with the newer patch's that they have released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom