Driver Problem PLEASE Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

8circuts

Beta member
Hello and I am happy to find this forum because I have a problem.
PLEASE help????

My drivers for my DVD and CDRW drives, sound card, and modem (which I dont use) are not working. My device manager tells me this:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I have tried uninstalling them then reinstalling them numerous times with no luck. It just happened all of the sudden. I hadn't made any changes recently. Also my Pinnacle capture card and my GeForce 4 Graphics card do not have this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

No luck. I tried it and it didnt work. Tried to uninstall and reboot and it still didnt work.

Thanks for the help.

I would try to reinstall windows. Just a reinstall not a clean install. I recently had the same problems with an intergrated sound card that would not work. Reinstalling drivers would not work for anything but a windows reinstall fixed the problem. This happend to me using Windows XP pro.

Safe mode

Mmm,
Sometimes if you boot in safe mode and delete all the modem drivers, audio drivers and dvd... you reboot and reinstall it will work.

In safe mode you should see all the drivers install in multiple instance and also the deleted driver of older removed hardware witch may cause a certain conflict.

I'm not a 100% sure but I always check that on my side for major drivers problem.

I tried safe mode and it didnt work. Thanks though.

Can you reinstall windows w/o the disc? The windows on my system didnt come with one. I have the product key and it is home edition. I do have professional on disk, but I have no way of backing up files.

backup

You can borow somebody's cd if you have the key and it is legal.

For backup, you can always "slave" your hard drive in one of your friends pc and copy everything you might need. (If he has a burner, even better you can burn everything :))

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom