Alternative to DFI SLI-DR

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) use diff gfx card
2.) use diff gfx driver
3.) use only one stick of ram in DIMM2
4.) have you had ati drivers on this comp?
5.) XFX are known for bad cards

and if all that fails, get a stick of ram from another computer and ONLY use that stick and put it in DIMM2 and see what happens

wait a minute...is your graphics card in the BOTTOM SLOT??? the bottom slot is the labeled "PCIE4" and runs at x2..the card is supposed to be at the top slot labeled "PCIE1" which runs at correct speeds (x16)

that's all i have to suggest.

That problem does not sound like a sound problem

Usually a problem like that is the graphics driver being stuck in an infinite loop, I have had this happen before.

How could the GFX Card effect the sound though?
because you said it was happening during HL2, or that's what I thought you were saying was happening.

wait a minute...is your graphics card in the BOTTOM SLOT??? the bottom slot is the labeled "PCIE4" and runs at x2..the card is supposed to be at the top slot labeled "PCIE1" which runs at correct speeds (x16)
It's a SLI board dude, there's two PCI-E slots.

I was going to say though Moja, you should really get that card in the top slot. not sure if it matters or not, but I believe you need to have that card in the top slot first and only when/if you get a 2nd should you put it in the bottom. I see you have something taking up one of the little slots in the back, so move that down and the card up, and see if you can't pull the wires back a little to make room.

I have a friend with that board who doesn't even have that floppy connector in and is using a 20pin PSU and his works fine, I think you mainly need the floppy connector for when you are actually running SLI mode. So if you can't put the card there with that floppy powered there (although I don't see why not) you might try that, but I would put the card in the top one.

I've had that same sound loop problem before, but generally it was because of my RAM being overclocked.

Download memtest86+ and run that, that'll tell you if it's your RAM. Highly doubt your PSU is the trouble unless you happened to get a bunk one, but try the other suggestions first.

Hmm i see. Well when i first built this computer, (as i say it is my first go at building one).. i put the card in the top slot orginally, didnt work (i mean the BIOS did 1 short 2 long beeps is it?) to say theres a graphics error thingy. Ill try chainging ports, that could be it :O

Moja

Nubius said:
because you said it was happening during HL2, or that's what I thought you were saying was happening.

It's a SLI board dude, there's two PCI-E slots.

I was going to say though Moja, you should really get that card in the top slot. not sure if it matters or not, but I believe you need to have that card in the top slot first and only when/if you get a 2nd should you put it in the bottom. I see you have something taking up one of the little slots in the back, so move that down and the card up, and see if you can't pull the wires back a little to make room.

I have a friend with that board who doesn't even have that floppy connector in and is using a 20pin PSU and his works fine, I think you mainly need the floppy connector for when you are actually running SLI mode. So if you can't put the card there with that floppy powered there (although I don't see why not) you might try that, but I would put the card in the top one.

I've had that same sound loop problem before, but generally it was because of my RAM being overclocked.

Download memtest86+ and run that, that'll tell you if it's your RAM. Highly doubt your PSU is the trouble unless you happened to get a bunk one, but try the other suggestions first.

as i said, there's 2 pci-e slots

if you use one card:
top (pcie1) runs @ x16
bottom (pcie4) @ x2

if you use two carsd, then they both run @ x8

it even says in the manual :confused:

Well if you have it in the top slot and it doesn't work then perhaps it IS the mobo that's giving you crap.

Diablo - my bad dude, For some reason the '4' in PCIE4 threw me off, I figured if anything it'd simply be PCIE 1 & 2, I see what you're saying though now.

Nubius said:
Well if you have it in the top slot and it doesn't work then perhaps it IS the mobo that's giving you crap.

Diablo - my bad dude, For some reason the '4' in PCIE4 threw me off, I figured if anything it'd simply be PCIE 1 & 2, I see what you're saying though now.

ah, sorry, i forgot that i had the mobo manual right in front of me and you didn't :D

the manual labeled the slot PCIE4 and when i put my card there and booted up, it read it as "x2 " as well (btw, in case anyone was wondering, x2 scored about 8000 less than x16 on aquamark3)

Hopefully, (im gonna really hammer TFC tonight to see if it crashes. Hopefully though its fixed as I left it on all night idling on a server and it didnt crash (i moved the card up to the top PCI slot) if thats the case, can I thank you, and trust me when I say you dont know how much this means to me. Its been stressing me out for 2 1/2 months now. Thansk VERY much

Moja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom