so I just build my computer and....

Status
Not open for further replies.

denverbroncos

Beta member
and it won't even turn on. Has anyone come across this issue before. I've checked the external power cable on another computer and that works. When I plugged it in to the other computer to check, I noticed that the power supply fan would come on and then stop. This doesn't happen with my power supply. I'm thinking it might be the power supply.

Its a Gigabyte mother board...with a P4 530 3.0GHz.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Things I have done so far
1) Check the ATX mobo connector is firmly in
2) Removed the processor and put it back in

what do you mean it does not turn on? does the fan turn on? do you here the PSU turn on for a second and turn off? or nothing turns on at all

Have you plugged in the motherboard speaker?/ is there a lcd screen on your motherboard?

Is it a cheap psu?

What are your complete specs?

Check the on/off switch on the back of your PSU if there is one. I almost had a heart attack with my first homebuilt computer, because the switch was off. =)

The fan does not turn on. I mean when JUST plug in the power cable in I can hear a click but if I use the same power cable on another computer the fan will move like there is some left over power on the cable. Nothing turns on. I know its weird

Yes I have plugged in the speaker wires for the mobo. Its not a cheap PSU...Antec.
Complete specs are....
Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro
Intel 530
200 GB Seagate
512 Giel Dual Channel

did you put in the 20pin connector and the 4pin molex? is your cpu fan connected? did you seat in your cpu completely?

I know this sounds stupid, but check your wall outlet. Someone was one here a while back, and that turned out to be the source of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom