Install Hardisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
I would like to install a second hardisk but i'm not sure whether there's an extra slot for me to install.. since i'm not so gd in computer staff so can anyone help me out by telling me how to check whether i can install an extra hardisk?? Thanz alot in advance

Power down your computer,open it up and find your hard drive.Check the cable to see if there is another empty plug.If there is then you can add another hard drive.You would set the other hard drive to slave,follow the jumper instruction on the back of the drive,then put it in and plug in the ribon cable and the power.

First, make sure that you have your hard drive set properly. Your main hard drive HAS to be set to Master, secondary as slave. Also, you can have.. um... CS (cable select), where you just put the jumpter to CS, and it'll automatically set itself to be master/slave.

SkyHi said:
First, make sure that you have your hard drive set properly. Your main hard drive HAS to be set to Master, secondary as slave. Also, you can have.. um... CS (cable select), where you just put the jumpter to CS, and it'll automatically set itself to be master/slave.

If you decide to use the CS option, be aware that both drives on the cable must be set to CS, not just one of them.

Also, when you have 2 drives on one cable (master + slave), the master drive must be on the end of the cable. Slave drive must be in the middle.

As a general rule, you can have 4 drives (not counting floppy) in a system. So add up how many CD/DVD drives you have + number of hard drives. If total is less that 4, you should be alright.
(It isn't as simple as this with SCSI or SATA systems though)

Thanz alot for all the comments.. now i understand how to do it.. Really appreciate them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom