files lost association with program

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
I have these files which lost association with their programs, they originally were word files, still open up in word. funny thing is that most of the other word files still show their association to word.

why has this happened, and is there any way i can restore the association?

Which OS are you using? There are steps you can take in the registry that will restore your file associations but how you do it will be determined in part by your OS.

Find one of the files that lost association... Right click > Properties> Opens With: Change> find the exe of word and click OK. This is for XP but should be similar for other OSes.

i am using windows xp
funny thing is that when i click on the files which dont have the association, they open up in word, however they dont have the rod icon, instead they have that white blank icon

Sounds like you have misplaced your icons somehow. If they open up in Word, you don't have to worry about it, unless you want it to look right.

now my MS Office is playing up
whenever i try to open an MS office application(word or excel)

i get this windows installer followed by something like microsoft xp trying to instal litself, this ends with me getting this dialog box

"microsoft office xp professional with frontpage"

and then i hit cancel and one more cancel at the next dialog box and i end up with mirosoft word opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom