how far can i overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, if you wanna run 1:1, so you're gonna need good ram

with G skill LE/LA's and good hsf, you can probably push it to 3.0ghz @2.9vdimm

ok i wasnt planning on using my ram that i currently have. sorry if that confused you guys. i was just saying what type i have. i couldnt find any g skill ram. maybe im not looking in the right places.

Well the difference is those are PC-3200, they ones I linked to are PC-4400. i.e. faster

And you don't need 2 gigs of RAM, 1 gig of faster RAM would be more benficial than 2 gigs of RAM unless you need 2 gigs for some odd reason.

lol the most you'll ever use is probably like 512mb of ram, which is probably already enough imo, but in gaming, 1 gig helps out

anything more than 1 gig won' help you at all

get the ram that dale suggested

actually diablo 512 will do yes if you tweak xp and don't run much :)

But if you run a lot of spyware, virus, chat clients, and a load of other crap then 1gb is necessary. Just on my desktop with no other programs running besides my backround stuff I'm using 800MB of my page file. So with dual channel 512MB that's just enough to cover that without adding in a game. :p

But hey like 6 months ago I was running and playing games with 256mb of PC-2100 Dell RAM :D :D

Again, the faster your RAM is, the less capacity you'll be using. Thus lots of RAM is not all that usefull. If you want to get past 2.6ghz, your going to need some type of special cooling system. Such as advanced air cooling, or a nice WCS. With a 3000, you better be happy with 2.6ghz. I even think 2.6ghz might be pushing it a little. But with a winchester core, i have faith.

I suggest OCZ RAM. G Skill is really expensive, and used for the most extreme OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom