Operating system backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku2100

Baseband Member
I'm wondering if my proceedure to backup my windows 2000/XP cds has been all wrong or not. Every time I try to backup windows 2000/XP with alcohol I continously have problems with the discs. For example I run nero's CD-DVD speed and I finds damaged sectors at EVERY sector. When I backup the discs, I use "general copy protection" so that it finds all sub channel data etc. but I'm wondering if thats a bad thing or not. Has anyone been able to successfully backup their XP/windows 2000 CDs AND have them be error free? Is backing up the discs with General copy protection/with subchannel data and burning with Raw DOA a bad thing?

Yes this is all legit...

Re:

Hello,

Try looking for what copyright protection is enforced on the CD, and then burn it with the specific protection specified.

You can get tools that can detect the protection on the CD.

One of my backups got an error on a file during windows install. Try using the slipstream method here, but without putting in SP2. In theorey it works, and people have succesfully used the mothod to make copies of winXP. I made a disc using it, and will be trying it probably tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom