Floppy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personnal opinion!

In a case like this I usually format before I spend money!

But I format every now and then and backup my data often...

Good luck

Have done so twice. In any event booted from CD as I said and I can hardly format that, can I!!!

Finally, of course, installing XPpro does not permit deleting drive and formatting as a message always comes up "Delete not permitted, essential items on drive"

Of course! I repeat, if an attempt to re-install a fresh copy of XP on to drive "C" or "D" you are prevented from deleting and re-formatting the drive.

Have you contacted the maker of your Mobo to see if this has been reported by anyone else?

Dude it's a Damn Floppy Drive! It's either the Floppy drive cable, or the Mobo (Motherboard) or the Bios!! We're all just trying to help and I don't know about anyone else but I'm picking up on a little Attitude from ya. I can understand your frustration but get a grip on yourself, we're just trying to help ya!

Yea.Yea, Yea! Mobo is A7N8X-Deluxe, same as you. GeForce 5600
Audigy Sound Blaster, AMD 3200, 512MB PC3200 Ram and XPpro-SP1a and 18" NEC flat monitor. Probably all out of date?

What I need are registry setiings in HKey_Local_Machine/Hardware/Description/System/mfa/7/disk controller/floppy disk peripheral/0 or in any other part of the registry that contains info about floppy drives/controllers. IN BIOS setup I have instructed floppy not to stop on its errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom