Laptop won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILMAN

In Runtime
My dad had given me a Compaq EVO n1020v and it worked fine but recently I've had some problems. Someone borrowed the laptop from me and broke the ethernet port and I figured (i'll just bend the pins) but trouble went on from there. I normally have my laptop under my bed because I don't have anywhere else to put it and just tonite it won't boot up for some reason. It powers on but the screen never even goes on and I don't hear a beep (normally when the computer goes on it beeps). Not sure why it won't boot or the screen won't turn on but I think maybe it's possible someone stepped on it? It turns on just nothing displays on screen so I'm thinking if it was stepped on possibly the CPU or motherboard snapped? I'm kind of worried.

wow sounds like it's taken alot of punishment:eek:

alot of things could have happened to it.

you might want to crack it open and see if anything has been damaged inside or something is not connected.

It's been a long time since I borrowed it, it worked fine though. I got it to where the screen would come on but the compaq logo was all messed up. I put it back on the floor and picked it up and it booted up into windows. I dunno whats wrong with it though. I can't return it either to the shop because my dad gave it to me and I have no idea where he bought it because he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom