Last Thoughts Before Boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
The moment has arrived! The build is complete thanks to all of your help! I believe I have hooked everything up correctly. I ran into a few issues, but I believe I am ready for the initial boot. This is exciting my first build. I could really enjoy doing this. Well guys before I push the buttn any comments or suggestions. I'm almost nervous it will blow up! LOL. With my luck. I have installed my X800XT card. I'm wondering if Ishould go ahead and plug my monitor into that or should I plug it into the back of the computer. Probably have to set the card up first before using it. As this is a new build the drivers probably have to be installed for it. Although what if it starts working upon first boot? It could be plug and play. How do I know when its working? Ok well before I start it up I want everyones suggestions warnings experiences and comments. Thanks to all for the great help and support. I have decided to become a regular on here!

You will need the following for a first-time boot:

1. A 1-quart bottle of pepto
2. A bucket of tums
3. Oven mitts.
4. A lightning rod (with a good ground).
5. A Hammer (preferably ball-pin)
6. A bucket of water, or a fire extinguisher.
7. A fan.
8. A bullet-proof hiding location.
9. The ability to shout "Achtung!" correctly.
10. The holy Bible and a cross.

If you have those ten things down, you are ready for anything that could happen during a first-time-build boot.

Be prepared!

LOL... But on a serious note. Should I have the windows xp in upon 1st boot and change boot sequence to cdrom first?

1.) use one stick of ram to boot
2.) go in bios and change boot sequence to cd rom
3.) insert xp cd (should be #2 actually)
4.) plug 'n pray

...you waited that long and you STILL didn't boot?

wow, you have great patience

well anything anything will work....so yea, just do what u said u were gonna do

plug the monitor into your X800, because you will be using that. even though you haven't got drivers yet, the system will be able to use it for basic display

once turned on, go into the BIOS and change the boot order to CDROM
reboot, with the XP CD in, and start installing XP
the install is pretty straight forward

once Windows is installed, install video drivers, sound drivers, and the latest DirectX (currently 9.0c) and drivers for any other device you put in (you don't need any for IDE hard drives, CD drives, floppy, and usually not for monitor)

then it should be pretty well set for you to do anything on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom