cant download anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i have just reformated my computer and i went to download something and it didnt work. it asks me to save the file to a certain directory and everything then i press download and it begins the download but about half way through the download it stops and says that it is done when it isnt. this happens both in IE and Firefox.

thanx for any help.

I'm guessing it is an unstable download. Somehow you are getting disconnected from the source, does it happen with everything you have tried to download or is it one certain file?

That still won't solve his problem. Have you tried downloading soemthing from a large corporate source (such as microsoft)? If you are running on DSL or Cable, call up the company and have them test your line. If you have a network, then enable windows file sharing on your comp and another computer, and share some large (200MB-ish file) on the other comp. Then, in IE/Frefox, go to (with no prefixes) "//*name of other comp*" without the quotes and inert the windows share name of the other computer. Navigate to that big file and download it, see if it works. BTW, I have not tried this before, and none of my other computers are up to try it now, but it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom