Dual PSU question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is what I am going to try: keep all the fans on the 400w, switch over the optical, floppy, and toss the 80gb hd in an external. So on the 550w I have four hard drives, a tv tuner card, video card, sound card, raid card. I dont see having any problems with this.

What is the consenous, go for it or not?

No I have been advised against it from someone who has worked with electrical systems for at least 25 years and someone who is kinda the same but now a network tech and used to handle computerized alarm systems (heh, now the alarms are all computerized)

Just keep one PSU on fans/lights/leds, and one on the hardware, dont mix them with the hardware because its possible you could have a overload on one.

personally I think it's pointless. If you have a good strong PSU to begin with no use trying to jerry rig a 2nd one in there.

There very short cables, was planning on putting it beside my PCI slots and just cut the back of the case out, but nothing to cut it with and my modem would get in the way -.-

Well I'll be TF's test guinipig on this one. I'll but some hardware on the second psu and let you know what happens. I dont see anything bad happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom