ok i made my almost final decision.

Kinwin MutantX Case
1GB (512x2) Kingston HyperX Low Latency RAM
DFI Lanparty mobo
ocz modstream 450W PSU
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
EVGA 6600GT Video Card
160GB Western Digital Hard drive - already bought

Windows XP Home - enless someone tells me why to get pro instead cuz idk the difference.

------------------------------
any suggestions are welcome.

The Venice has a better architexture and i THINK it supports SSE3 insctructions, i havent looked into that core since im on a 754 system that wont support it.

well i actuall have enough money to get a better processor but my plan is to wait until the dual core A64's come out so this processor is in a way temporary. will the new dual core athlons be socket 939? if they are then i am just going to stick iwth the winchester.

Looks pretty good.

I would get XP home. I have XP home and XP professional and honestly I can't tell the difference between the two.

If you want your computer now I wouldn't bother waiting for the venice. Odds are they might go out of stock or something and might take a while anyway. Plus there isn't much difference between your processor and the venice version. I have seen the benchmarks and the venice core is only just slightly faster.

Yes they are socket 939.

You can tell in the BIOS or in Windows through a monitoring utility such a Motherboard Monitor 5 or Everest Home Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom