sata or pata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrykid

Baseband Member
I have heard that it is rather hard to install windows xp to a sata harddrive. Is that true? What do I need to do to be able to install windows xp on a sata harddrive easily? Am I better off with a pata harddrive?

Thank you,
angrykid :D

sata > pata

you are referring to raid as being hard to install

but it's not, whoever said that probably doesn't know anything about computers/installing raid

Thank you but I am not referring to raid. I heard that windows xp does not fully support sata harddrives. Would I have to do anything else to install windows xp on a sata harddrive?

Also, does the DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Utra-D support normal sata 150? I read in the specs for it on Newegg that it supports sata2 300, but it did not say that it supported sata 150.

thank you,
angrykid

THat's ok...SATA2 is backwards compatible with SATA1. So all your SATA1 drives will work on your SATA2 ports. YOu don't need worry. And installing Windows XP on a SATA drive is just as easy as on a PATA drive.

I didn't know they were backware compatible...
Usually there are spots for SATA I and for SATA II.

No there aren't any problems with windows with SATA. All those rumors you hear are false. Definitely go SATA over PATA anyday.

An SATA drive installs just like a PATA. If you want to set up a RAID with SATA all you have to do is insert a floppy with the drivers during the setup of windows. Not rocket science.

Thank you. Also, one more thing. Is there really a performance increase with the DFI versus the ASUS a8n-e?

thank you,
angrykid

angrykid said:
I have heard that it is rather hard to install windows xp to a sata harddrive. Is that true? What do I need to do to be able to install windows xp on a sata harddrive easily? Am I better off with a pata harddrive?

Thank you,
angrykid :D
only thing difference when installing window in SATA hardisk it that u have to install the driver for the SATA controller first b4 u can proceed to window installation

angrykid said:
Thank you. Also, one more thing. Is there really a performance increase with the DFI versus the ASUS a8n-e?

thank you,
angrykid
I have heard the DFI is a little faster, but mainly better for overclocking. I think at stock speeds they would still be pretty close. I have heard that ASUS isn't reliable but that claim wasn't backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom