3800, 3500,or 3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
AMD Athlon 64. Which one. i am ready to buy the 3200+ but i keep thinking that i might regret it later....

how big of a performance difference between the 3200, 3500, and the 3800?

nah, you'll regret it if you get the 3800

it's either 3500 or 3200

the 3200 can easily be OC'd to 3500 speeds

and plus, if you can afford a 3500, then get a x800xl instead

btw, why are you getting SLI? the dfi lanparty ultra-d is much better

Well between being SLI and not their's a few small differences that involve the D and DR

I would get the Ultra D and bump it up, since you dont not 100% need an SLI board and it would be nice, and if it didnt work (and the mobo still worked) it wouldnt be soo bad.

Get a 3200+ and decent ram and OC

Well between being SLI and not their's a few small differences that involve the D and DR

I would get the Ultra D and bump it up, since you dont not 100% need an SLI board and it would be nice, and if it didnt work (and the mobo still worked) it wouldnt be soo bad.

Get a 3200+ and decent ram and OC it to FX-55 speeds :) not hard to do

the 3200+ is a fantastic processor. I own one myself, and it is very powerful. in half life 2, it beats the P4 3.8ghz!

I dont know the specifics, but the winchester cores are much better overclockers.

so basically.... the 3200+ is just as good as the 3500+ given that it runs cooler than the 3500 so you could overclock it more?

i am also thinking that i might as well just get the 3200 and wait for the dual cores to start coming out and then i wont have such a hard time switching over, given i will have spent 190 on my CPU and not 400 dollars.

( does the dfi lanparty and the 3200+ winchester sound good to you guys?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom