OC'd from 1.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz Can I go higher ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
Ive had my system oc'd at 2.4Ghz about 34% increase for about a month now with no problems.i wanted to know if there is a limit to how much i can OC because for some reason i cant seem to get it stable over 2.4Ghz.Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.thanks

Have you tried lowering your ram multiplier? to make it run slower? I like to take ram out of the equation by turning it down.

Oh nevermind I see you did

Try giving your processor more voltage if your temps are good, 1.4 volt is stock, I would be pushing 1.75volts thru that processor, and ima OC'ing wimp right now.

Also you can try changing the HyperTransport speed, nubius thinks that it's unstable above 2500 for anyone, which means I broke a world record for 290*5*2 = 2900

Well you pretty much answered your own question dude. "I cant get it stable over 2.4GHz"....what else would you need to know?

Don't know why people ask if they can OC higher, every system and CPU is different, so only you can determine that.

I can tell you this though, with your RAM at 219MHz and you keeping the ras to cas and ras precharge, that is what would give you instabilities going beyond that.

You need to loosen those up if you are gonna want the RAM to follow up beyond 219

nubius thinks that it's unstable above 2500 for anyone, which means I broke a world record for 290*5*2 = 2900
No I said it's never recommended. You'd better check to make sure your board didn't underclock that HT, because the highest I saw someone do was 2400 and that was really hard, a highly doubt yours would want to jump up 900 beyond the max and have no problems with it

2.5-2-2-7 seems tight, maybe you can loosen it to 2.5-3-3-8 and see how you do

oh, and that winchester needs more voltage!

Nubius said:

You need to loosen those up if you are gonna want the RAM to follow up beyond 219

No I said it's never recommended. You'd better check to make sure your board didn't underclock that HT, because the highest I saw someone do was 2400 and that was really hard, a highly doubt yours would want to jump up 900 beyond the max and have no problems with it

How Can I make sure my board didnt underclock it, BIOS says 1000mhz and I had it at 290FSB

When its CPU/11 i dont think you can go any farther, because 5 differnt systems ive seen with cpu/11 couldnt go any farther with out better ram or better timings

How Can I make sure my board didnt underclock it, BIOS says 1000mhz and I had it at 290FSB
The spot where it says 1000MHz, isn't where it'd be changed. You gotta look for an option that says 'HTT Link speed Multiplier" or something along those lines, if it's set to 5x then I honestly don't know what to say because as far as everything I've read and people talked to, an AMD64 system isn't like a socket A where you can go beyond the 400FSB, going above the 2000HTT limit in AMD64 is just never recommended....

If yours is set to 4x or even 3x, then you can assume yours isn't overclocked, not 900MHz over that is.

When its CPU/11 i dont think you can go any farther, because 5 differnt systems ive seen with cpu/11 couldnt go any farther with out better ram or better timings
CPU/11 doesn't mean anything like that at all. It's just because he has his CPU at 262 and has it split for the RAM to be quite a bit lower.

Socom - There is no guide to doing it dude, you just .....'loosen' em lol, I don't really know how to explain it to you any more. You got 2.5-2-2-7 and the SPD table at 217MHz says 2.5-4-3-9, those are really lose timings, so I don't think you'd need to quite do that, but you should go into the BIOS and atleast change it to 2.5-3-3-7 and then make sure your dimm voltage is like 2.8 or 2.9v and then you can push that rim a little bit further more than likely.

For the CPU, you definitely need to add a tad more vcore if you're still on stock and have OC'd it 600MHz as is

Curious to why 5 system's had that and mine does to and we cant get any higher.... Me and all my friends have tryed to go higher but its impossible... oh well just ignore me -.-

i think you can go higher. depending on you cooling you can prolly take it faster, because it says you have pc3500 ram. is that right? if so lower the timings and you shoudl be fine cause you can go higher than 200mhz on the FSB. no worries there. plus, jump that voltage boy. put it at liek 1.75 or something and it should stable it out better so you can go higher. where as the HTT is concerned there you get me lost lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom