ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
A have a Compaq Presario, 2.6 Amd, 80g hard drive with 256 DDR ram. Is there a way to find out just what ram this is without taking it out of the computer? It is a little hard to get out from where it is. I want to install another 256 stick of ram. I see that there are different types of DDR ram and I am not sure which one I have.

The thing you have to watch out for with compaq. A lot of there machines take ECC ram. The slot for ECC ram is slightly different from non-ecc. The sticks of ram will not fit in the same slot. Most DDR ram sold today is non-ecc. This sounds like a pretty new machine. Probably still under warranty. I would call compaq and ask them what the ram is but i would not buy from them as they are usually high in price. Also compaq can tell you most of the equipment you have in your machine by the serial number.

Here is compaq contact info.

All Compaq products, Presario products, iPAQ products, Compaq printers, Compaq scanners, Compaq commercial, enterprise or business products (hp Compaq, XW, Compaq branded Professional, W, and EVO workstations, Tablet PC, Deskpro, Armada, Compaq branded desktops), and former "Digital" products (storage, Proliant, ALPHA, OpenVMS, TRU64 UNIX) 800-652-6672
number only valid for products specified on the left 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products

how about download and run aida 32, itll tell you what ram ur using, and everything else about your computer for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom