Computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
Just got done building a new computer buying the parts from tigerdirect Chumbo.com and Newegg.com.

After i assembled and when to turn it on nothing... Only thing that works is the LED status light. So i know the mobo is getting power. Realizing that it doesnt take much to power the LED (hell it stays on 20 seconds after you unplug it.)

One thing is the PSU is a 20 pin plug the Mobo is 24. Now i know that it 'should' run with the 20 pin plug. But i dont like should.

So either its the adapter problem. The PSU itself is shot. Or the mobo is junk.

Just help me out with some answers that would be apreciated.

Also i checked that the power from the case is set corectly. I checked another 20 pin PSU in it and same results. It could very possibly be the adapter but im leaning more toward faulty mobo.

TigerDirect never see another penny from me if it is.

Well thats what im thinking. But, it says it should work with the 20 pin plug and lots of other people say it does.

So, i know i am a genius, but i dont know it all.

Have you made sure you have the jumpers for the power button is the right way round?

Try a different psu/that psu in a different system.

I have checked the jumpers numerous times.

And i tried putting a new PSU into the mobo. I havent had time to check the PSU into another comp. I really think i just need an adapter. Hopefully thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom