22 pin PSU and 24 pin PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that it's a no, although you may be able to mod the board. I know it is possible to plug a P2 CPU into a Celeron Board, with some modding.

No im talking about the PSU pin my mobo is 24 pin. The plug that came with my PSU is 22. Right now i cant get the new computer to start up. Either it is the PSU the mobo or the CPU.

Im lost before i start ripping it apart and troubleshooting im wondering if it has to be 24 pin plug or not. And i just need to find an adapter.

Newer boards use the 24 pin plugs, while older PSu's only have the 20 PIN, you will have to get a converter in order to be able to use that power supply with that new mobo. The converters are about 6 bucks ...

Yea im hoping so...

Otherwise i got ****ed.

And i am ****ed.

And i dont want to be ****ed... I just want this to work...

I hope TigerDirect didnt rip me off.

I would blame the worthless power supply you bought, not the people that sold it to you...

you can afford a 6800gt OC, and yet, you won't spend the money for your computer's power supply?

try getting an OCZ mod/powerstream, fortron blue storm500, or antec neopower480

the power supply is one of the most important parts of your comp

I didnt buy a worthless power supply people. Thats not the problem. THe problem is that the computer wont start up some im trying to figure out whether the problem truely is i was sold a faulty PSU or a faulty mobo.

Thanks for bashing me and not helping at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom