754 or 939

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
what the differnce between these two processer sockets. And also will the new Venice core have both socket types.

S754 is older. it doesnt support dual channel RAM, doesnt OC as well, and is generally not as capable. S939 is newer, and a great socket. it supports dual channel RAM, and it OCes very well. I think that AMD is gonna stop making S754 alltogether, so the Venice cores will prolly only be 939.

in addition, 939 is a way better buy, since you won't have to upgrade your mobo again when you upgrade in the future

u wont regret it if u do. the 3200 is a fantastic processor, very powerful. in half life 2, it beats out the pentium 4 3.8ghz.

sweet thats good i have a question about the hardware. What things would be better to use for a 64 bit this would be the first 64 bit i have so. Is there something esle i should buy this is going to be a gaming computer so i would like it to be fast. And good for Doom3 and the CS stream source.

i run counter strike source on the highest settings,as well as doom 3. there isnt really any 64 bit software out there anybody uses, save some OSs. its fututre proofing.

well i mean can i use some of my system right know or should i buy, a new harddrive, and stuff i dont know what type of cpu fan to get i see your system is very cold. id i was to get the thermaltake shark case would that be pretty good vention for this system or is there better for cheaper.

dhw200 said:
i run counter strike source on the highest settings,as well as doom 3. there isnt really any 64 bit software out there anybody uses, save some OSs. its fututre proofing.

Heh I was running XP64 with Cubase 64

You say 64 bit is useless, but it opens up TONS of windows for this program.

+ HL2 and farcry are going 64 as well as most games

ok what are you talking about there is a OS just for the 64 bit or something can you gave a link to it or where i can read about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom