Refubished hardware from newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
While looking at a 6600gt on newegg, I can see I can get a evga 6800gt for only 290$USD. Has anyone else gone with refurbished hardware? Is it a good idea, besides the deal?

Refurb's are a good idea most of the time, usually they come OEM with just the card though, no games, no DVI to VGA.

They have been broken once, and are less likely to break the second time :D

DJ-CHRIS refurb does not mean they have been broken once. manufacturer refurb means that but a newegg refurb usually means it was a returned item, untested. this can mean almost anything. newegg allows you to exchange refurbed items with 15 days, I think, so its not that risky

ekÆsine said:
DJ-CHRIS refurb does not mean they have been broken once. manufacturer refurb means that but a newegg refurb usually means it was a returned item, untested. this can mean almost anything. newegg allows you to exchange refurbed items with 15 days, I think, so its not that risky

Ahh in other equipment worlds refurb means something that was broken \ returned...

I can see that being right because their's not much to fix on a GFX card

if it was broken, i don't think they're going to bother to fix it. Refurbs are generally a good idea. Companies make sure that Refurbs get extra testing and care because they were returned for some reason.

6800GT Duh...

I always buy open box, demo or refurb

Saved me 400$ on my cd player, 1500$ instead of 1900$, if I hadnt have been open box it wouldnt have broke under warranty as well...

It's safe to do it in other words, but you dont always get everything it comes with like drivers CD's, APP CD's and cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom