AMD 64 New System Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to give you a vew words of advice. When you say, "Building a computer slowly" I'm assuming you are refering to buying parts a little at a time as you can afford them, right?
As you get the parts, build.

If this is the case, please take my advice and don't do it. Instead save money a little at a time. Put $100 here - $200 here - $250 here... ETC... Wait until you have saved up at least 3/4 of the cost of the total build. Then buy the bulk of the main parts. CPU/MOBO/HDD/MEMORY/

Why? Technology is changing so fast. Every month something new comes out to replace or upgrade what is currently out. Not only does this effect prices, but it also effects your build. If you buy a CPU and MOBO now and this PC won't be done for another 3-4 months anyway, wait... That same CPU that you buy now for say, "$250" in 4 months might be "$175" and the MOBO is now $80 and it was $120. Now that you just saved over a hundred dollars you can upgrade to better RAM or HDD or whatever, you get the idea.

Set a budget: Start saving your money. While you are saving it price out all the parts. Write down that total figure. Continue to price out those same parts over the whole time you are saving. I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are going to see the total cost of that PC continue to go down. So my point is why buy now when you can wait and save and buy all the parts at the same time and save money. If you can't use the PC now, why buy parts that you know will go down in price day by day?

Well, if you are a hobbiest and have tons of cash, do whatever you want.

well if you buy a 3200+now, by the time you have enough money to get something else, the 3200+'s price will have dropped and there might be new stuff, etc.

im going to save up more money to build a 64 bit computer system. I need to find a part time job here in texas in my area to help fund my cause.

Make sure to find a job that doesn't require any knowledge of spelling above a 1st grade level. Try McDonald's.

Just kidding though :p

i know what funny is i mit have to work at Mcdonald's this other dude thats 16 took my computer build and repair job. one by one day when i just turned 15 man i'm still pissed about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom