Ok, I'm an idiot.. please help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a DFI board, asus boards p*sses me off, not enough voltage, however it was running at 290 without any voltage increase and the hypertransport x5

And where have you gotten ANY info of DFI releasing another nforce 3 board, I thought you could also use AGP with nforce4.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I went with the Gigabyte because since it was cheap.. only real problem is it doesn't support AMD "cool n quiet" which previously saved me about 6 degrees C due to voltage moderation.

To make up for it I bought the Tornado 80 mm fan with a 84.1 CFM for my exhaust and put another case fan on to bring in cool air. I also bought rounded IDE/FDD cables (not to mention 80 mm rubber dampeners to quiet the fans - especially the tornado - down).

BTW, my previous board was the Abit AV8. Not sure if I'll notice a real difference between the VIA and the nforce3.. but I guess I'll find out.

Thanks again for the info.

ok, just wanted to add a comment about the discussion about Asus at the beginning. i recently bought an Asus K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. First off, it was a pain to install, as they provide the worst technical diagrams i have ever seen of the motherboard. i tryed calling tech support twice and both times they asked what the problem was and that they would "call me back tomorrow" which never happened either time. Also, for some reason, no BIOS version above 1.02 works for my mobo. furthermore, the instant music feature and other "special features" this motherboard contains don't work. Overall, i'll never ever buy Asus again. I paid $175 for the top motherboard on tigerdirect.com and got junk. never again...

From what I understand regarding AGP vs PCI-E is that the increased bus bandwidth doesn't necessarily increase transfer speeds. Sort of like AGP 8 & 16 only "widened the road but the objects traveling on it weren't moving any faster" sort-of analogy.

Anyways, I hope they'll continue to make AGP cards for a few more years.

Gigabyte Mobo's are great. i got one for my 3200 with the Nforce3 250 Chipset and it kick ass. it works just as it should out of the box. all i had to do it plug everything in and put it in my case. boot up, everything is just peechy! you won't be dissapointed with your gigabyte purchase.

about AGP and PCI-E i'm with you smileygladhands. but by the time i need a new video card, i'll already have a new mobo. so i'm not going to worry. and the next generation of video cards will have AGP support. at least for the midrange cards that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom