Imaging your HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku2100

Baseband Member
I was wondering how I could image a windows 2000 system on a 2GB HDD with only a CDROM drive remotely. I have this computer on a network with computers that have CDRW drives and wanted to know if I could remotely image the HDD of that computer. I also need to make sure that this image will also work with any other HDD I plan to image on in the future in case the original HDD goes bad.

Well, you could use DOS, I believe you can see the network with that, can't you. If you can, copy it? Also, theres a program called... erum... ghost?

Using the home versions of Ghost (which retails for about $20-50 at stores) you can restore an image to that computer over your network. I know for sure Ghost 2003 can do it, but I'm not sure what has changed in Ghost 9.0 or 8.0, do some research

Problem with GHOST is that it requires it to be the SAME EXACT drive as before... I think.. Also I don't need to restore it through the network but just back it up, burn it to a CD then restore it when needed.

I've restored Ghost images from a different hard disk before so I know that using different disks work. Ghost has cd-r, dvd-r burning capability so you can use it to burn to a disc and restore it using your cd-rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom